STATE ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY FORMERLY TOLLEY ELECTRIC COMPANY
R. J. Barnes and M. B. Tolley, long time friends in the coal mining field, formed a Company to obtain World War Two army contracts fabricating bomb nozzle sections at their Machine Shop located in Glen Elk section of Clarksburg, WV. After a successful tour of the war contract era the Company name was changed to Tolley Engineering Co. along with the addition of H. C. Tolley as a Production Supervisor in 1947. The machine and fabricating shop continued to prosper and produced Follomatic Machines for Pennzoil Co. of Oil City, Pa. The Company further expanded to repair and sell single and three phrase AC motors thru 5 horse power.
To supplement road pick up service for customer motor repair, the Company went into Wholesale Sales of electrical supplies to Contractors. The original lines were Sylvania Lighting products-Cornish Wire & Cable and Chase Shawmut fuses. Further expansion a necessity, the Company changed to its present location Route 50 East, Clarksburg, WV. Along with this move in 1950, R. J. Barnes’ interest was purchased leaving M.B. and H. C. Tolley sole owners.
Additional products were added as the Company increased sales. In 1968 the name was changed to Tolley Electric Supply Company with the addition of R. A. Tolley as Vice President (1972). Robert held this position until 1986 at which time the firm was purchased by State Electric Supply Company and H. C. Tolley retired after some 40 years at the helm. As of 2012 the company will now be operating as State Electric Supply Company.
Route 50 East
PO Box 986
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Toll Free: 1.800.642.7467
401 Boyers Avenue
Star City, WV 26505
Toll Free: 1.800.258.2454